Water Rate Setting Study Heading link
In 2021, the Illinois General Assembly awarded the GFRC a state appropriation in the amount of $769,000 as part of the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) Coronavirus State Fiscal Recovery (CSFR) Fund. The funding will support a three-year “Water Rate Setting Study”, authorized by the Illinois General Assembly, for the GFRC to research:
- how municipalities and water districts establish rates,
- what factors influence rate adjustments,
- whether equity and affordability are integrated into the rate-setting process,
- how rate-setting varies between economically disadvantaged and economically advantaged communities, and
- how such variation impacts the accessibility of drinking water for community residents.